Planning a tree planting
- Visit http://arbordaynow.volunteermatch.org/ for information about any volunteer opportunities in your area. If there is opportunity to volunteer, encourage Atfal and Parents to join.
- If no volunteer opportunities are available, you can plant a tree near your local mosque or prayer center. You may need to seek permission from town or city in order to plant a tree next to a street or in an urban area.
- If you can’t plant at the mosque or in a local park, plant a tree in the backyard of your home or place of residence. The parents should help the Tifl out with this.
- Inform local newspapers and organizations about your planting efforts. Even inform the school and teachers.
- Important: The Tifl should write up an essay or piece about their experience with planting trees. We can post this online or in the Tifl Post. Also, he can share it in school for ‘show and tell’ or discuss it with classmates and teachers.
National Waqar-e-Amal presentations